OPEN Monday – Friday: 2PM – 8PM | Saturday – Sunday: 7AM – 8PM
Annual Memberships: $95.00
Tourist/Day Passes: $10.00
One of the most requested features for City Walk during the community engagement process was an urban dog park. The Barkery is 50,000 square foot off leash dog park with fenced areas for both small dogs and large dogs. Water features, numerous pieces of park equipment for dogs to play on as well as an area that can be used for dog park competitions make The Barkery a feature dog park for the Central Alabama region. The area has some amount of cover from the elements due to the highway bridges as well as proximity to the Bier Garten which features a small performance stage, bistro and table seating, ping pong, bocce ball courts, swings, decorative lighting, and other areas to relax and enjoy with your four-legged friend.
Rules & Regulations
Off-Leash Entry Requirements
- Must bring an electronic or physical copy of current Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella vaccinations. Vaccination records will be verified with your veterinarian prior to membership being granted.
- Dogs must be spayed/neutered
- Dogs must be older than 6 months to enter the park
- No children are allowed in the off-leash area
For the best experience on your first visit, The Barkery encourages you to complete your membership process prior to your first visit. Please download our app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or the Google Play Store (for Android devices) by searching City Walk BHAM. From the app, you can create your account and register your dogs as well as pay for your membership. The app is also useful for checking in when you arrive at The Barkery.
Park Rules & Regulations
- The Daily Pass/Membership Agreement and Release of Liability release City Walk BHAM from any liability to you, your dog(s), or anybody accompanying you, and applies to all visits to City Walk BHAM and all City Walk BHAM facilities, including use of The Barkery at City Walk BHAM Dog Park and self-service wash stations, for the duration of your Membership. All dogs must have a one-time pass or a The Barkery at City Walk BHAM membership to be allowed into The Barkery at City Walk BHAM.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be current (up to date) on vaccinations including Rabies, DHPP/DHLPPC, and Bordetella.
- Dog parents must provide documentation to The Barkery at City Walk BHAM in order to be granted a one-time pass or The Barkery at City Walk BHAM membership.
- Puppies must be older than 6 months of age and must show that they are current on puppy vaccinations.
- No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the off-leash areas. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Children must be supervised outside the off-leash areas at all times. Playing is at your own risk!
- Maximum of 2 dogs per member unless special permission is granted at management’s discretion.
- Each member is responsible for cleaning up their dog’s waste. Waste stations are stocked with plastic bags and available for your use. Ruff Rangers will monitor and assist when and as needed. However, outside of City Walk Dog Park, dog owners must immediately bag and dispose of any dog waste.
- Member understands and agrees that in bringing their dog(s) to City Walk Bham, CITY WALK BHAM management and staff have relied on the member’s representations and warranties that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggressive or threatening behavior toward any person or any other dog.
- Aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. Member is solely responsible for the behavior of their dog(s) and must break up any disturbances or any fights involving their dog(s). Any dog displaying disruptive or aggressive behavior may be asked to leave or required to be on-leash per CITY WALK BHAM management and staff’s discretion.
- Only small (under 25 lbs.) or special needs dogs are allowed to use the small dog park. For safety reasons, it is strongly advised that dogs weighing less than 15 lbs. remain in the small dog park. No dogs weighing more than 25lbs. are allowed to enter the small dog park.
- City Walk BHAM is not responsible for any injury, illness, or damage caused on our premises, and all members are legally and financially responsible for their dog(s).
- Constant dog barking can be disruptive. Please keep your dog’s barking under control.
- Please open only one gate at a time and be careful not to allow other dogs to enter or exit with you.
- Member agrees to keep their dog(s) leashed when not inside designated off-leash areas. Member may release their dog(s) from leash inside Barkery at City Walk BHAM but must remain on the premises of City Walk BHAM while their dog(s) is (are) at the Barkery at City Walk. Abandoning dogs is prohibited and is punishable by law. Violators are subject to revocation of their membership, may be permanently banned from using the Barkery at City Walk, and reported to the City of Birmingham, as appropriate.
- No food – for humans or dogs – permitted inside the Barkery at City Walk BHAM. No dog treats or rawhide chews are allowed within the fenced area.
- No glass bottles or containers are permitted on the premises.
- The Barkery at City Walk BHAM closes due to severe weather (rain or snow) or when emergency maintenance is required. Additionally, the Barkery at City Walk BHAM hours may vary due to special events. In all cases, Barkery at City Walk BHAM reserves the right to close the facility or amend its hours of operation at any time without notice; however, Barkery at City Walk BHAM will endeavor to notify its members via our website, social media, and/or email.
- City Walk BHAM Management and Staff have the right to refuse service to any customer for any reason.
- Participation at The Barkery at City Walk BHAM is voluntary and at your own risk. We reserve the right to temporarily remove or permanently restrict any person or dog(s) from the premises for behavior that is potentially harmful to our patrons, staff, or other dogs. It is your sole responsibility to ensure the safety of your dog(s), your guests, and yourself. Your Membership may be suspended or revoked at any time if it is found that you have jeopardized the safety of other people or dogs at The Barkery at City Walk BHAM.
- No choke or prong collars are allowed in the off-leash areas.
No dog toys except balls or frisbees are allowed.
- No bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, strollers or scooters are allowed. No jogging allowed.
- The Barkery at City Walk BHAM is non-smoking, both inside and outside the off-leash areas. No tobacco products including vaping, illegal drugs, or firearms are allowed in the park.
- Thank you for taking the time to read the Membership Rules. Your cooperation helps to ensure a safe and successful City Walk Bham experience for all!
Dogs who are exhibiting inappropriate behaviors that are considered disruptive to the peace in the park can be given a strike.
Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Aggression Toward Other Dogs
- Aggression Toward People
- Resource Guarding
- Toy Possessiveness
- Excessive Barking
- Excessive Humping
- Barrier Reactivity
- Redirection of Anxiety
Humans who do not abide by park rules or are exhibiting disruptive behaviors can also be given a strike. Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Striking/Kicking a Dog
- Violent disciplinary action toward dog.
- Running or kicking dog toys.
- Not paying attention to your dog.
- Being loud/yelling that resorts in fearfulness of dogs.
- Neglect to clean up after your dog.
- Sitting on the dog ONLY equipment.
- Bringing more dogs than can be monitored safely/effectively by the owner.
City Walk Bham abides by a 3-strike system. After a second strike you may be asked to participate in a training program of your choice and return to the park with documentation from that dog trainer. However, in event that a “substantial event” (to be left to the discretion of the park’s staff, ex. critical injuries to dogs or humans) occurs, this may be subject to immediate and possibly permanent removal from the park.
Strikes are given out by attendants who have witnessed the incident and approved by Management. You will be provided with a strike form that you must read and initial. Strikes are not issued without informing the owner before your visit to the park has concluded.
*PLEASE NOTE* that after receiving a strike you may be asked to leave the park for the day.